Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Birthday fun!

Seriously, my babies are one year old!!  This is crazy!  To honor this occasion, we decided to throw a small party.  This small party quickly became pretty large as we kept wanting more and more people to share this day with us!  We had a great time.  We had a BBQ at my parents house.  The day started off well, babies having a good breakfast.  The party was scheduled to start at noon, so I figures, that if I put them down at 10 for a nap, all will be well.  Except, they didn't want to nap.  They wanted to play.  So, before guests arrived, they maybe got about 45 minutes of a nap, 15 of which being in the car on the way to my parents.  Awesome.  I tried.  I really did.  This meant that they were cranky during the entire party and wanted to be held the whole time.  They finally did go down for a nap around 3, and slept for 3 hours.  Good times.  this meant that present opening was AFTER the nap, not before.  So to those who brought the babies a gift, they enjoyed tearing into them.  I swear. It was just much, much later than planned.   Enjoy the pics!

This is pretty much the best shot of them together.  We really do love them equally!


Amanda and Hazel

The original Rachel Powell with Zeke

She's just walking around, chillaxing.

This is me at the beginning of  the crankiness.  Cute little Buster.

Yep, they both cried during the song.

Hazel dived right in.  She loves her some sugar.

Whereas Zeke wouldn't touch it.  Which is unusual for him.  Cranky.


Loving some cake.

Cranky.


Gloria and the fam.  She takes care of the babies while I'm at work.

Amanda and April.  Good little fake Aunties!

Dane's 2 girls.  They are such cute girls!



























Some of the kids enjoyed the hot tub.  It was a bit chilly in the pool.

The twins also love the hot tub...until someone falls asleep.  Guess which one.

Cute little baby Taylor passed out.  I want to cuddle her!

No comments:

Post a Comment